Thursday, May 15, 2008

Some Disappointment But...Some Hope On The Home Front

The day started out like any other day. A phone call from mom, laying in bed not wanting to wake up, the usual. I went down to Georgia State University this morning with my friend Amanda (who has already been accepted) and we rode the MARTA from Chamblee Station and transferred trains at Five Points. She was very excited because she had never ridden the MARTA. Her excitement soon turned to some what of a happy disappointment. Anyway I felt really cool and independent taking MARTA and going down to State by myself. So we get off at the Georgia State stop and we were both really excited because they station led you right into a really nice lobby of a nice Atlanta office building. We began to walk not even half a mile to the Admissions office when it began to rain. This was a bummer but it was not the worst of it.

The reason I went down there today is because I had called them yesterday to check on the status of my application. The gentleman told me there was good news and bad news. The bad news was as of right now I was not approved for admissions into Ga State because I have a deficiency in my Social Sciences. Up until this semester I had not really been able to take science classes because of my remedial math classes that were holding me back from taking Science classes. Lucky for me however I had taken 2 Science classes this semester and the good news is that if I were able to hand deliver them a transcript of all my grades including the ones from this semester they'll re-evaluate my application and consider me for admissions. Needless to say I'm very nervous and I don't have the highest hopes in the world but oh well. I've done everything I can at this point. Now it's time to wait and see

Hope everyone is having a wonderful time spread out across the country. The crusaders, the northbound grandparents on their trip, Kate and her adventures and Texas, and of course Chris and April up in Tennessee. Love you guys!

5 comments:

Mike 2e said...

I'm sure everything will work out for you at State. Keep you head up and be positive.

Katie said...

GOOD LUCK!! I'll be thinking about you!! Be sure to keep us updated! Love ya! :)

aprilshore said...

Good luck! I finally got through all the BS to get a BA!! If all else fails, I have an in at SCAD.

JP2E said...

Ga. State is a relly good school. Victoria graduated from there and she is no dummy! (unless you count having me for a Dad. LOL)
Anything worth having is worth working for; Set your goals high and go get them.
If I can be of any help, call and i will tutor or take a test for you...

Victoria said...

I hope all of your admissions stuff has been worked out. I know you are one creative and smart woman!